No Permit Required! How to Buy Land for Your Off Grid Log Cabin or Tiny Home in Canada
Find out how to find and finance a property with no permit requirements and very low taxes in Ontario, Canada. http://myselfreliance.com/no-permit-required-where-to-build-your-tiny-home/
I found my solution in the form of an unorganized township in Ontario, Canada. Here, I am unencumbered by government oversight. With no building permit requirement and very low annual property taxes, I am free to build what I want, where I want and when I want. Without oversight, I am free to build another log cabin. This one is 10 feet by 20 feet – 200 square feet plus a 70 square foot covered porch and a back deck overlooking the stream, which will eventually be screened in.
How to find a property in an unorganized township
1. Search Realtor.ca in the area that you are interested in.
2. Contact real estate agents in desired locations and asked for a list of unorganized townships in the area.
3. Ask realtor for a list of properties for sale in an unorganized townships. Include already developed properties – sometimes the building is not suitable for habitation but beneficial infrastructure is in place, such as driveway, well and septic.
4. Visit http://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.ca/CLUPA/Index.html?site=CLUPA&viewer=CLUPA&locale=en-US (Crown Land Use Policy Atlas) to see what public lands are located near your property. Ideally, a large park of public land should be within walking distance.
5. Spend time on Google Earth to get an idea of what surrounds the property – lakes and rivers, landfill sites, other developments, mines, quarries, etc.